Non-EU citizens who have made an investment through the three options of the Greek Golden Visa program, can apply for a residence permit through a proxy, without the obligation to previously visit Greece. The Power of Attorney for the appointment of a proxy, must be signed before a Greek Consular authority. The non-EU citizen, must enter Greece in a period of 12 months from the date of the confirmation receipt of the application, in order to submit his biometric data.
The Immigration and Social Integration Code (Law 4251/2014, Government Gazette 1, no 80) contains provisions that facilitate the stay of third-country investors, whose investments are characterized as strategic investments, via the provision of extended stay time limits for the representatives of investment bodies and their partners.
Moreover, it allows the granting of residence permits to third country nationals and to members of their families, who purchase real estate property in Greece, the value of which exceeds € 250,000.
A. "Permanent residence permit of the investor." (Article 20)
1. By decision of the Secretary General of the Decentralized Administration, residence permit for five years, subject to renewal, is granted to a third country national who:
(a) has legally entered the country with any type of visa or legally resides in the country, even if the type of residence permit that he possesses, does not permit change of purpose.
(b) has personally the full ownership, possession and peaceful enjoyment of real estate property in Greece. In the case of jointly owned property, worth 250,000 euro, the right of residence is granted only if the owners of the property are spouses with indivisible shares in the property. In all other cases of joint ownership, the right of residence is granted only if the joint ownership rate of each joint owner is worth 250,000 euro.
(c) has the full ownership, possession and peaceful enjoyment of real estate property in Greece via a legal entity, whose shares are fully owned by him.
(d) has concluded an agreement for at least a ten year lease of hotel accommodation or furnished tourist residences in tourist accommodation complexes, pursuant to Article 8 par. 2 of Law 4002/2011 (Government Gazette 1, no 180).
(e) has concluded a time sharing agreement pursuant to the provisions of Law 1652/1986 "Time sharing agreement and related issues" (Government Gazette 1, no 167), which is in force.
2. The minimum value of the real estate property, as well as the contractual consideration of hotel accommodation or tourist residences leases of this Article, is determined at two hundred and fifty thousand (250,000) euro and must have been paid in full upon the signing of the contract. "The consideration is paid by a crossed bank cheque to a bank account of the beneficiary, held in a credit institution operating in Greece or with a credit transfer, as defined by Law 4537/2018 article 4, par. 24 (Official Government Gazette Α΄ 84) to a beneficiary’s bank account held in a payment service provider, as defined by Law 4537/2018 article 4 par. 11 operating in Greece". By joint decision of the Ministers for the Interior and Finance, the value of the above real estate property may be adjusted and shall result from the property value stated in the contracts or from the lease agreements.
3. Το third country nationals, real estate property owners, the possibility of leasing that property is granted.
4. The above third-country national may be accompanied by the members of his family to whom, at their request, an individual residence permit is issued, that expires together with the residence permit of the sponsor.
Family members shall mean:
b. the other spouse or partner with whom a third-country national has a cohabitation agreement in Greece
c. The direct unmarried descendants of the spouses, who are under the age of 21
d. the direct unmarried descendants of the supporter or of the other spouse/partner , provided that their custody has been legally entrusted to the sponsor (for his/her children) and to the other partner (for his/her children), under 21 years of age
e. the direct relatives of the spouses in the ascending line.
5. The above permit may be renewed for an equal duration, each time, provided that the real estate property remains in the ownership and possession of the third-country national or the agreements of paragraph 1 of this remain in force and all other requirements, provided by law, are fulfilled. Periods of absence from the country shall not disrupt the renewal of the residence permit.
"The resale of the real estate property during the period of validity of the residence permit, to another third-country national shall provide the right to the granting of residence permit to the new buyer with simultaneous withdrawal of the vendor's residence permit."
6. The residence permits, being granted pursuant to the paragraphs 1 and 4 of this Article, do not establish the right of access to any form of employment.
You can find attach here a Brief Guide to Residence Permits for real estate owners in Greece, edited by Enterprise Greece, in the following languages: English, Greek, Chinese, Russian, Arabic and Turkish.
Ουr company offers integrated services and facilitates eνery step of the way to acquiring the residence permit and the European Citizenship. The serνices we proνide meet the client's needs through the wholes process of acquiring the residence permit.
Ουr full-serνice package to you inνolνes:
Επικοινωνήστε μαζί μας για περισσότερες πληροφορίες
- Finding the right property for each client according to his needs and likes
Our portfolio consists of a vast range of immovable property that will suit your needs. Each piece of property has been very carefully added to our portfolio and we can guarantee that it has all the legitimate documentation (permits, certificates, ownership titles) so that the purchase of the property can be completed as quickly as possible. Even if you are interested in property that is not in our portfolio you are welcome to contact us, and we will make the appropriate arrangements. Our team of civil engineers assesses and examines every piece of property, verifies its condition, and suggests improvements to best suit your needs. Our appraisal experts use the civil engineer’s assessment reports and discuss the pricing of the property with its owner. We are always looking for the best solution for you in the most cost-effective way. We are always looking for the best solution for you in the most cost effectiνe way.
- Getting a Τaχ Number
- Getting health-insurance for yourself and your family
- Examining lts legal and actual condition
- Drafting of the contracts (including a large nυmber of legal docs)
- Applying for the issuance of a residence permit
- Getting the Residence Permit and renewing it
- Proνiding Comprehensiνe Τaχ and Accounting Serνices
- Supporting any Foreign lnvestment